|Location||Seattle, Washington, United States|
Born and raised in Seattle & I love it here!
I've been studying classical piano since I was four and now accompany performers in the Seattle area and teach piano lessons to young students starting out. I have three years of a BA in music performance completed and I intend to pursue a master's and doctoral degree in collaborative piano. My favorite solo piano composers to play are Rachmaninoff, Chopin, Liszt, Brahms... anything from the romantic era.
Growing up my family had a computer which I had some interest in. I probably started playing around with it when I was 4, so I started typing at a very young age, probably by the hunt-and-peck method. Beginning in second grade (age 8-9), my school taught typing and I immediately took an interest in boosting my speed.
The best advice for improving at typing is to just keep typing! Try to type at least 30 minutes a day, almost never longer than 30 minutes to an hour at a time. I wrote down some others tips here: https://pastebin.com/ku59QjxZ
Some achievements I have on this site:
Most races - achieved April 2017
First player to finish a race over 300 wpm - achieved September 2017
Longest marathon (most races in 24 hours) - 6382
Check me out on Youtube and Twitch!
10 fastest racers by best race (real speed*):
1. erniechiew 352.06 | 02/24/2018 | https://goo.gl/rD1GtU
2. sharoop: 340.58 | 05/18/2018 | https://goo.gl/vd8tmK
3. mostlynonquit: 339.35 | 12/26/2017 | https://goo.gl/PJyFCA
4. deroche1: 325.14 | 05/16/2018 | https://goo.gl/RLazRL
5. florentine: 309.55 | 11/16/2017 | https://goo.gl/NKKBzh
6. vinniwooh: 308.09 | 02/24/2018 | https://goo.gl/AcL2vD
7. alpha_panda 301.40 | 01/06/2018 | https://goo.gl/h7SvKH
8. newkeyboardlove: 298.73 | 01/21/2018 | https://goo.gl/EiPzhp
8. pentalon: 288.44 | 11/21/2017 | https://goo.gl/SzmvRN
10. supererik: 283.42 | 10/09/2017 | https://goo.gl/USTKEH
*Ping to the server causes races to be registered slightly slower than their actual speed - data logged by the user's client can be used to calculate the actual speed of a race down to the nearest millisecond.