Click here to create a new accountCreate Your Account
Terms of Service
The following terms and conditions govern all use of the TypeRacer website and all content, services and products available at or through the website (taken together, the Website). The Website is owned and operated by TypeRacer. The Website is offered subject to your acceptance without modification of all of the terms and conditions contained herein and all other operating rules, policies and procedures that may be published from time to time on this Site by TypeRacer (collectively, the "Agreement").
Please read this Agreement carefully before accessing or using the Website. By accessing or using any part of the web site, you agree to become bound by the terms and conditions of this agreement. If you do not agree to all the terms and conditions of this agreement, then you may not access the Website or use any services. If these terms and conditions are considered an offer by TypeRacer, acceptance is expressly limited to these terms.
- Your Account. You are responsible for maintaining the security of your account, and you are fully responsible for all activities that occur under the account and any other actions taken in connection with it. You must not use your account in a misleading or unlawful manner, including in a manner intended to trade on the name or reputation of others, and TypeRacer may change or remove any description or keyword that it considers inappropriate or unlawful, or otherwise likely to cause TypeRacer liability. You must immediately notify TypeRacer of any unauthorized uses of your account or any other breaches of security. TypeRacer will not be liable for any acts or omissions by You, including any damages of any kind incurred as a result of such acts or omissions.
- Cheating. Dishonest competition between players will not be tolerated. You shall not
- cheat during gameplay or carry out any action to artificially enhance your typing speed or other statistics
- use any third-party software to modify TypeRacer to change gameplay, including, but not limited to cheats and/or hacks;
- carry out any action with a disruptive effect on the gameplay for other players;
- Usage. You are entitled to use the Website for your own personal use, but you shall not be entitled to
- sell or grant a security interest in or transfer reproductions of TypeRacer to other parties in any way, nor to rent, lease, or license TypeRacer to others without the prior written consent of this Website's owner;
- copy, reproduce, translate, reverse engineer, modify, disassemble, or de-compile in whole or in part any TypeRacer software;
- create derivative works based on TypeRacer.com;
- institute attacks upon a TypeRacer.com server or otherwise disrupt TypeRacer.com;
- intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national, or international law or regulation;
- impersonate a TypeRacer official or employee or any other person
- harass, threaten, stalk, embarrass, or cause distress, unwanted attention or discomfort upon another user of the Website;
- Content Responsibility. If you create a profile, comment on the blog, use chat, post on the forum, post material to the Website, post links on the Website, or otherwise make (or allow any third party to make) material available by means of the Website (any such material, "Content"), You are entirely responsible for the content of, and any harm resulting from, that Content. That is the case regardless of whether the Content in question constitutes text, graphics, an audio file, or computer software. By making Content available, you represent and warrant that:
- the downloading, copying and use of the Content will not infringe the proprietary rights, including but not limited to the copyright, patent, trademark or trade secret rights, of any third party;
- if your employer has rights to intellectual property you create, you have either (i) received permission from your employer to post or make available the Content, including but not limited to any software, or (ii) secured from your employer a waiver as to all rights in or to the Content;
- you have fully complied with any third-party licenses relating to the Content, and have done all things necessary to successfully pass through to end users any required terms;
- the Content does not contain or install any viruses, worms, malware, Trojan horses or other harmful or destructive content;
- the Content is not spam, and does not contain unethical or unwanted commercial content designed to drive traffic to third party sites or boost the search engine rankings of third party sites, or to further unlawful acts (such as phishing) or mislead recipients as to the source of the material (such as spoofing); and
- the Content is not obscene, libelous or defamatory, hateful or racially or ethnically objectionable, and does not violate the privacy or publicity rights of any third party
By submitting Content to TypeRacer for inclusion on the Website, you grant TypeRacer a world-wide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to reproduce, modify, adapt and publish the Content solely for the purpose of displaying, distributing and promoting the Website. If you delete Content, TypeRacer will use reasonable efforts to remove it from the Website, but you acknowledge that caching or references to the Content may not be made immediately unavailable.
Without limiting any of those representations or warranties, TypeRacer has the right (though not the obligation) to, in TypeRacer's sole discretion (i) refuse or remove any content that, in TypeRacer's reasonable opinion, violates any TypeRacer policy or is in any way harmful or objectionable, or (ii) terminate or deny access to and use of the Website to any individual or entity for any reason, in TypeRacer's sole discretion. TypeRacer will have no obligation to provide a refund of any amounts previously paid.
- Account Deletion. Although we reserve the right to delete your account for any reason, such as noncompliance with these Terms of Service, we do not guarantee that we will delete your account upon request. In other words, your data could reside in the TypeRacer system indefinitely and TypeRacer assumes no obligation to delete it upon request.
- Fees and Payment. Optional premium paid services may be provided on the Website in the future. By selecting a premium service you agree to pay TypeRacer the one-time, monthly, or annual subscription fees indicated for that service.
- Responsibility of Website Visitors. TypeRacer has not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, including computer software, posted to the Website, and cannot therefore be responsible for that material's content, use or effects. By operating the Website, TypeRacer does not represent or imply that it endorses the material there posted, or that it believes such material to be accurate, useful or non-harmful. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. The Website may contain content that is offensive, indecent, or otherwise objectionable, as well as content containing technical inaccuracies, typographical mistakes, and other errors. The Website may also contain material that violates the privacy or publicity rights, or infringes the intellectual property and other proprietary rights, of third parties, or the downloading, copying or use of which is subject to additional terms and conditions, stated or unstated. TypeRacer disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from the use by visitors of the Website, or from any downloading by those visitors of content there posted.
- Content Posted on Other Websites. We have not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, including computer software, made available through the websites and webpages to which the Website links, and that link to the Website. TypeRacer does not have any control over those non-the Website websites and webpages, and is not responsible for their contents or their use. By linking to a non-the Website website or webpage, TypeRacer does not represent or imply that it endorses such website or webpage. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. TypeRacer disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from your use of non-TypeRacer websites and webpages.
- Copyright Infringement and DMCA Policy. As TypeRacer asks others to respect its intellectual property rights, it respects the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that material located on or linked to by the Website violates your copyright, you are encouraged to notify TypeRacer in accordance with TypeRacer's Digital Millennium Copyright Act ("DMCA") Policy. TypeRacer will respond to all such notices, including as required or appropriate by removing the infringing material or disabling all links to the infringing material. In the case of a visitor who may infringe or repeatedly infringes the copyrights or other intellectual property rights of TypeRacer or others, TypeRacer may, in its discretion, terminate or deny access to and use of the Website. In the case of such termination, TypeRacer will have no obligation to provide a refund of any amounts previously paid to TypeRacer.
- Intellectual Property. This Agreement does not transfer from TypeRacer to you any TypeRacer or third party intellectual property, and all right, title and interest in and to such property will remain (as between the parties) solely with TypeRacer. TypeRacer, TypeRacer.com, the TypeRacer logo, and all other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with the Website, or the Website are trademarks or registered trademarks of TypeRacer or TypeRacer's licensors. Other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with the Website may be the trademarks of other third parties. Your use of the Website grants you no right or license to reproduce or otherwise use any TypeRacer or third-party trademarks.
- Changes. TypeRacer reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify or replace any part of this Agreement. It is your responsibility to check this Agreement periodically for changes. Your continued use of or access to the Website following the posting of any changes to this Agreement constitutes acceptance of those changes. TypeRacer may also, in the future, offer new services and/or features through the Website (including, the release of new tools and resources). Such new features and/or services shall be subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
- Termination. TypeRacer may terminate your access to all or any part of the Website at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice, effective immediately. If you wish to terminate this Agreement or your account (if you have one), you may simply discontinue using the Website. Notwithstanding the foregoing, TypeRacer can terminate the Website immediately as part of a general shut down of our service. All provisions of this Agreement which by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity and limitations of liability.
- Disclaimer of Warranties. The Website is provided "as is". TypeRacer and its suppliers and licensors hereby disclaim all warranties of any kind, express or implied, including, without limitation, the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. Neither TypeRacer nor its suppliers and licensors, makes any warranty that the Website will be error free or that access thereto will be continuous or uninterrupted. You understand that you download from, or otherwise obtain content or services through, the Website at your own discretion and risk.
- Limitation of Liability. In no event will TypeRacer, or its suppliers or licensors, be liable with respect to any subject matter of this agreement under any contract, negligence, strict liability or other legal or equitable theory for: (i) any special, incidental or consequential damagaes; (ii) the cost of procurement or substitute products or services; (iii) for interpution of use or loss or corruption of data; or (iv) for any amounts that increase the fees paid by you to TypeRacer under this agreement during the twelve (12) month period prior to the date the cause of the action accrues. TypeRacer shall have no liability for any failure or delay due to matters beyond their reasonable control. The foregoing shall not apply to the extent prohibited by applicable law.
- Indemnification. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless TypeRacer, its contractors, and its licensors, and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents from and against any and all claims and expenses, including attorneys' fees, arising out of your use of the Website, including but not limited to out of your violation this Agreement.
- Miscellaneous. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between TypeRacer and you concerning the subject matter hereof, and they may only be modified by a written amendment signed by an authorized executive of TypeRacer, or by the posting by TypeRacer of a revised version. Except to the extent applicable law, if any, provides otherwise, this Agreement, any access to or use of the Website will be governed by the laws of the state of Massachusetts, excluding its conflict of law provisions, and the proper venue for any disputes arising out of or relating to any of the same will be the state and federal courts located in Boston, Massachusetts. Except for claims for injunctive or equitable relief or claims regarding intellectual property rights (which may be brought in any competent court without the posting of a bond), any dispute arising under this Agreement shall be finally settled in accordance with the Comprehensive Arbitration Rules of the Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Service, Inc. ("JAMS") by three arbitrators appointed in accordance with such Rules. The arbitration shall take place in Boston, Massachusetts, in the English language and the arbitral decision may be enforced in any court. The prevailing party in any action or proceeding to enforce this Agreement shall be entitled to costs and attorneys' fees. If any part of this Agreement is held invalid or unenforceable, that part will be construed to reflect the parties' original intent, and the remaining portions will remain in full force and effect. A waiver by either party of any term or condition of this Agreement or any breach thereof, in any one instance, will not waive such term or condition or any subsequent breach thereof. You may assign your rights under this Agreement to any party that consents to, and agrees to be bound by, its terms and conditions; TypeRacer may assign its rights under this Agreement without condition. This Agreement will be binding upon and will inure to the benefit of the parties, their successors and permitted assigns.